Saturday, December 1, 2018

World AIDS Day 2018: 5 Things You Should Know

World AIDS Day is observed on December 1 every year. The day is dedicated to spreading awareness about the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) which is spread by infection from a virus called human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The day is marked by the World Health Organisation as a global public health campaign. One can be at a greater risk of HIV if one has unprotected anal or vaginal sex, sharing contaminated needles, syringes and other injecting equipment, receive unsafe injections, blood transfusions, tissue transplantation, medical procedures that involve unsterile cutting or piercing; and experience accidental needle stick injuries including among health workers.




  1. 1. HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus. This virus leads to infection and it attacks the immune system. While HIV can be transmitted between people, AIDS is a condition that is acquired only after a person has contracted the HIV infection. AIDS is the final stage of the HIV infection.
  2. 2. HIV can be suppressed by combination anti-retroviral therapy (ART) consisting of 3 or more antiretroviral (ARV) drugs. ART does not cure HIV infection but suppresses viral replication within a person's body and allows an individual's immune system to strengthen and regain the capacity to fight off infections.
  3. 3.An estimated 21.7 million people were receiving HIV treatment in 2017. However, globally, only 59% of the 36.9 million people living with HIV in 2017 were receiving ART, according to World Health Organisation.
  4. 4.Testing is the best way to determine whether you have HIV, but some of the early symptoms are fever, chills, rash, night sweats, muscle aches, sore throat, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes or mouth ulcers.
  5. 5.HIV self-testing is a process whereby a person who wants to know his or her HIV status collects a specimen, performs a test and interprets the test results in private or with someone they trust. HIV self-testing does not provide a definitive HIV-positive diagnosis - instead, it is an initial test which requires further testing by a health worker.

4 comments:

  1. My name is donald boykins , am here to appreciate Dr Akhigbe for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus and it has been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. Akhigbe curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Akhigbe on his email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, he gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and i was cured everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, dr .Akhigbe, God bless you and give you more power and ability for more cures.i dont know if there is any one out there suffering for herpes virus or any of these diseases..DIABETES, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, HERPES HEPATITiES A AND B DISEASES .etc why don't you contact dr.Akhigbe today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor and he is also called the godfather of habalism contact him via email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2348142454860

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Dr. Itua, Traditional Herbal Practitioner in Africa, Have cured for HIV which is extracted from some rare herbals. It is highly potential to cure AIDS 100% without any residue. Dr Itua herbal medicine has already passed various blogs on how he use his powerful herbals to heal all kind of diseases such as. Herpes, HIV, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Epilepsy, also his herbal boost immune system as well. I'm telling this because he uses his herbal medicine to cure me from hepatitis B and HIV, which i have being living for 9 months now with no side effect. The Herbal Medicine is just as good when drinking it although i have to use rest room after drinking it which I do not really care about because i just want to get the virus out of my body, I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone sick out here to contact Dr Itua with this following information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
    Whatsapp Or Call...+2348149277967.
    He might be late to respond because he always busy with patent, but he will surely get back to you with positive response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God continue to bless Dr Aziza for the wonderful work he did for me.. Am here to testify about this powerful herbal Dr, who will ever believe that an herb can cure so many years HIV in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a lot of money getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great
    man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him,
    unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV aids in my body, he
    prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, after which I did, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i
    went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought
    it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also confirm negative. He also have the herbs to cure other disease like Cancer, HPV, Herpes and many more disease. Am dropping his email for any one who wish to contact this Dr should contact on email
    address, solutioncenterhome@gmail.com drazizaspelltemplehome85@gmail.com or +2347087771434 and whats-app he is
    great man .I promise I will always testify for your good work.Thanks you very much sir may God continue to bless you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% HIV and Herpes FREE with Natural Roots and Herbs.
    This is my Testimony and I can't keep this to myself. I'm from Singapore, few years back I was diagnosed of HIV which I thought was the end of my life.
    But when I came in contact with Dr. AKINTUNDE who assured me of eradicating this virus from my system in just four weeks of Using Natural herb and roots, he prepare a herbal medicine and send to me through DHL courier which I took as he directed me so on the last day I went back for my HIV test and I was tested Negative and I had to go to another hospital I was confirmed Negative, so i thanks Dr. AKINTUNDE for my story today and hiw he treated my mom of 18 years Herpes too. I know many are there who need this opportunity to be free of Virus and have a better life like I testify now for the sake of humanity....
    Feel free to contact Dr. AKINTUNDE on his WhatsApp for your testimony in life...

    Whatsapp:- +12068994141

    ReplyDelete