Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Sunday, December 2, 2018
Saturday, December 1, 2018
World AIDS Day is observed on December 1 every year. The day is dedicated to spreading awareness about the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) which is spread by infection from a virus called human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The day is marked by the World Health Organisation as a global public health campaign. One can be at a greater risk of HIV if one has unprotected anal or vaginal sex, sharing contaminated needles, syringes and other injecting equipment, receive unsafe injections, blood transfusions, tissue transplantation, medical procedures that involve unsterile cutting or piercing; and experience accidental needle stick injuries including among health workers.
Thursday, June 21, 2018
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Induction is the organised programme of welcome and introductory activities you will participate in as a new student joining a particular programme of study. Induction is a mandatory element of starting University and all new students are expected to participate. Over the induction you will have the opportunity to:
- Find out about your programme of study.
- Meet your fellow students, lecturers and find your way around the University.
- Find out from current students what IGNOU is really like and have any of your questions answered about what to expect.
- Find out more about the University's support systems and resources to help you study.
Being the Distance learning Programme the role of induction meeting is more important as you will be able to communicate with the university officials, study centre officials and your lecturers face to face.
The following points are discussed in detailed in the meeting:
- Programme Objectives and Its Structure
- Counselling Sessions and Teaching Methodology
- Course Material, I Card , Exam Form, Revaluation, Credit System, Grades
- Assignments and Its Importance
- Examination System
- Evaluation System of the University
- Important dates like for filling the examination form, assignment submissions.