Monday, June 17, 2013

Negligence (Mangaldai hospital's blood bank in-charge, lab technicians suspended)

GUWAHATI: The blood bank in-charge ofMangaldai Civil Hospital and two lab technicians were suspended on Sunday for their alleged negligence in the collection of HIV+ blood from an infected donor, which was later transfused into at least five recipients in the health hub.

Darrang district deputy commissioner Md Shorab Ali said, "Blood bank in-charge J Saharia and technicians R Deka and P Baruah, have been suspended following enquiry by the expert team of the health department. The report will be handed over to the government on Monday, after which the course of action will be decided."

Chief minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday, while owning up the transfusion as mistake on part of the government, described the incident as a "criminal negligence" and said departmental actions like suspending the guilty official will not suffice and criminal charge need to be initiated.

Blood bank authorities said they know of two victims, but anti-HIV activist Jahnavi Goswami, who exposed the incident, said she knows of five victims and fears there could be more. Some victims, with covered faces, continued to protest outside the hospital against the government. They demanded complete care by the government.

Another high level enquiry by additional chief secretary PP Verma is under way and this committee will submit its report within 30 days. The health department expert committee started its enquiry at Mangaladi on Saturday. The team comprised heads of hematology and pathology departments of Guwahati Medical College and Hospital, drugs controller and blood safety officer of state AIDS control society.

2 comments:

  1. God bless Dr.Emmanuel for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn’t satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr.Emmanuel , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3 days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2weeks later i was cured from HERPES contact him via email (traditionalherbalhealingcentre@gmail.com) once again thanks to you Dr.Emmanuel cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp (+2348140033827) cancer cure
    diabetes cure
    ringing ear
    herpes cure
    warts cure
    HPV cure
    HIV cure
    get your ex back
    pregnancy herbal medicine
    Hepatitis   

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee.

    Hello everyone, I want to say a special thanks to Dr OGU. for helping me get cured from herpes virus 2019 , I contacted him base on the testimonies I saw about him on the internet I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus i have tried all I can to get cured but all to know avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try I was cured by his herbal medicine and natural herbs, kindly contact him today through his email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text/call: +1 (719) 629 0982

    He’s waiting to help you.


    HE ALSO SPECIALIZE IN THE FOLLOWING DISEASES;

    If you have any sickness like : H I V/AIDS , CANCER , HERPES HSV 1 or 2 , GENITAL WARTS, Yeast-infection's (HPV), and Hepatitis A, B. liver diseases , Diabetes, 1 or 2. , fibroids, Chlamydia, Genital herpes, Alzheimer’s, Trichomoniasis , Tuberculosis, CAD, Gonorrhea, Epilepsy, and Syphilis.

    ReplyDelete